Sunday, June 30, 2013

Thing #18

It is important for teachers to know how social networking works so that they can have a better understanding of their students are talking about.  If teachers are able to have a conversation with their students and understand what they say then the student will be more open to learn and talk to the teacher.

I created a Twitter account but I did not find it to be very easy to understand or navigate.  I also do not know anyone that uses that site so I picked authors, schools, and some celebrities to follow which did not have anything that pertained to me.  I have had a Facebook account since 2009 and I do not remember being confused on how to navigate the website.

Out of all these social networking tools I would find Facebook to be the only one I would use for school purposes.  I could create a class webpage considering most schools already have one. This would give the students a chance to talk to one another and ask questions about homework if they need to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment